Bleach World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup

Go down

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Empty Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup

Post by Raine Eve Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:27 pm

Nestled deep in the 9th's forest a beautiful glade can be found, hidden from all who are not looking for it... Atop a cliff, beside a huge cascading waterfall rests a Sacred Shrine.

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Shrine

It is here that Raine-Taicho sneaks away every so often... Inside the shrine resides the fabled Black Amethyst Buttercup. I buttercup formed completely of the richest amethyst, easily confused with obsidian as it can appear black as twilight in certain lights.

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup BlackAmethystButtercup

But what is it that makes this crystalized flora so special? Perhaps no one will ever know... no one except Raine Eve herself.

- - - - - - - ~<3 - - - - - - -

Beneath the pedestal on which the flower sits, a hefty leather-bound book lays wrapped in a fine silk cloth. There in that tome, written in deep crimson ink, the story of Raine Eve can be found. It once belonged to Aizen as his personal files on Raine, but it now serves as the Taicho's personal journal. As such it harbors the records of her jaded past and above all else, Raine's dark secrets...
Raine Eve
Raine Eve
Captain {2nd Espada} [ADMIN]

Female
Number of posts : 825
Location : Shrouded in darkness, caught in a beautiful nightmare...
Badges : Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup 9
Reiatsu :
Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Left_bar_bleue840 / 100840 / 100Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Empty Re: Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup

Post by Raine Eve Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:30 pm

Upon opening the book it is apparent that the first few pages were written by Aizen... the script was far too harsh to be her own. It becomes clear that the journal had been created as a way to document Raine's existence and keep record of her progress under his training.

- - - - - - - ~<3 - - - - - - -

Subject 737 "Raine Eve's" End

Raine was a 21-year-old art student from the United States, who had traveled to Kyoto to enroll at a prestigious Performing Arts Academy whilst her Father worked in the city. Being plucked from a comfortable and established existence she found it difficult to adjust, until she was befriended by Sayuri Yagami, a 2nd year music student attending the Academy. Initially culture-shocked and homesick, it didn't take long for her to find her feet within her new home. Sayuri introduced Raine to people and life at the Academy, and eventually crossed paths with an ex-student, Hachirou. Raine took an unusual interest in such a troubled and enigmatic character, and became engrossed with the questionable lifestyle Hachirou lead. After some time the two had become inseparable and Raine fell for the mysterious man. Even with not knowing too much of his past they soon took to dating. The love they shared was enough to turn his entire life around... Raine even convinced Hachirou to return to the Academy, something he swore he would never do. But after a semester of private lessons and her support he was accepted back, on the grounds that he would not repeat the infractions his enrollment had been terminated for.

Now, both excelling in school and moving in together they couldn't be happier. That was until the inclusion of Sachiel, an associate of Hachirou's; their new, yet steadfast relationship was put under strain. With the less desirable aspects of Hachirou's sordid lifestyle resurfacing, and the addition of Sachiel's undoubtedly negative effect he had on Hachirou. Raine didn't know what to do. With Sachiel around Hachirou reverted back to his old ways, struggling with alcohol and substance abuse. His grades began slipping and he was placed under mandatory academic probation. Raine had seen first hand what could happen to people in this situation, her mother having been a victim herself, Raine didn't want to lose another loved one. So one night when Hachirou returned home late she pleaded with him to stop his foolish behavior. Telling him how much she truly loved him and how it hurt her to see him throw everything away after working so hard to overcome his past. Eventually the ultimatum of either her or Sachiel arose... and Hachirou chose Raine. Overjoyed she believed everything would be all right once more, but what she hadn't thought of was how Sachiel would react to Hachirou's decision.

Once word reached Sachiel he was furious. After all, Raine had taken away his best friend in his eyes. Being the reckless and jealous person he was he sought to steal his friend back and free him of his oppressive girlfriend. So one evening he tried calling Hachirou, but as usual there was no answer. Sachiel headed out to his usual bar and sought to drown his sorrows, which naturally only fueled his anger and to him, justified his stupidity. As luck, or rather, a lack of it would have it Sayuri and Raine had decided to have a girl's night out and happened to enter the same bar. Sachiel watched them closely as the night wore on and when the girls were leaving he quietly followed them out. As they cut through a side alley as a short cut Sachiel came up behind them. "Well well, look who we have here. If it isn't the 2 pristine princesses of Sieryu Academy, Sai and Raine. Now what would the head master think if he saw you creeping around in the back of bars? I thought this lifestyle was too dirty for you Raine..." He pushed his weight on her as she was pressed up against the building's greasy wall. "Leave me be!" Raine struggled to get loose and kicked Sachiel's left kneecap. Angered by her actions he pushed even harder, causing Raine's breath to hitch with the pressure on her chest. "That's enough Sach!" Sayuri rushed to help her friend but Sach was too much for her and brutally kicked her to the side, sending her into a collection of garbage cans. "Sai!" Raine called as she tried desperately to break free, now striking freely with her legs. Finally she managed to land a roundhouse style kick to Sachiel's side-gut and he released her only to double over in pain. Raine rushed to Sayuri's side to find her unconscious amongst the trash, the back of her head drenched in blood. "Sai!" Raine tried to lift her friend from the filth but was met with a swift kick to the ribs, her body collapsed beneath her as she clenched her chest. "Why, why are you doing this?" She stammered as she began coughing, blood now trickling down the corner of her mouth. Raine could make out Sachiel's figure through her blurred vision and froze in fear as he continued towards her. "Because you did it this time. First you took my best friend away and made me look like the bad guy. He was happy with me! You killed his spirits and molded him into some pathetic dog!" Shink! The enraged Sachiel brandished a 7-inch lever lock knife. "And now you've driven me to hurt Sai and I can't have you snitching on me..."

Just as Sachiel had grabbed Raine's shirt and lifted her off the ground a worried Hachirou walked past the alley's entrance. "Raine!" He had been looking for the girls as he was their designated driver that night, but having never met up with them he set out to find them on foot. "Put her down Sach!" It was too late... Sachiel's logical thought processes were already halted by the booze and engulfed in hatred of Raine. His eyes grew wild as he violently shook Raine about, his sheer power making it appear as if she were merely a rag doll in his hands. "You see! You're always making me look like the bad guy! I'm so sick of you, just get out of all our lives!" With that said he shoved Raine up against the bar's wall and plunged his weapon deep between her left side's 3rd and 4th rib. Raine let out a gasp and quickly fell to a heap as Sachiel released his hold of her. "How could you Sach!" Hachirou rushed past him to Raine's side. "Raine, Raine! Look at me! Say something!" Raine fought to open her eyelids, but failed. With blood rushing up her throat speech was impossible... all she could do was feebly lift her right hand and gently brush it against his cheek. Hachirou sat in the dank alleyway sobbing as he held his dying lover. With her pericardium torn open and her left lung punctured Hachirou didn't have much time; there was no saving her. With a shaky hand he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small velvet box containing a beautiful diamond ring encrusted with 2 additional stones of aquamarine and amethyst hues. Removing Raine's hand from his cheek he placed the ring on her finger. "I was hoping to make you my wife Raine Eve, but seeing as we will never see our wedding day I want you to take this with you to wherever it is you head next..." Raine lifted her head and with the last of her strength she gave Hachirou a bloody kiss on the cheek. "I, I will always love you Roo. Always and forever..." She began to fade as she fell limp in her fiance's embrace. "I will never love another..." Hachirou hugged his corpse bride close as sirens could be heard in the distance.
Raine Eve
Raine Eve

Female
Reiatsu :
Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Left_bar_bleue840 / 100840 / 100Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup Empty Re: Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup

Post by Raine Eve Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:31 pm

Subject 737's New Beginnings...

"Hachirou!" Raine let out an involuntary gasp as her head quickly snapped up. She nervously glanced around but found nothing. She was still in that horrid alleyway where... "Where is Hachirou, and wasn’t I...?" Her voice trailed off as she went to feel around for her stab wound and found in its place a sheet of scales. "What in the world!" She gazed frantically at her 'would be' hands and found a pair of reptilian claws ending in razor-sharp talons. Craning her neck she surveyed the rest of her new body. "I. I don’t understand." She swished her mighty tail about and took a few steps forward, just making it to the entrance of the alley. Suddenly a door opened and Raine froze as she watched the bar owner walk out of his building's rear exit with a woman on his arm. He locked the door and looked up and down the alleyway and sadly shook his head. Raine grew nervous, her muscles tensed. "Had he seen me?" she thought. "So this is where the cop's found that girl eh?" The woman asked as the couple strolled right past Raine's mighty form. "Yep, they said she died even before the cops came. It's a shame really, they found her dead in the arms of her fiance, and her best friend was laying unconscious in those barrels over there." He motioned towards the garbage heap by Raine's tail before continuing on into the dimly lit street. "So it's as I thought, I did die." Raine lowered her head and sighed, wondering what to do and where to go next. Finally she decided it would be best to leave the place of her death and walked out into the fresher night air, stepping in a pool of her own spilled blood as she went.

The cool night air rushed past Raine, though she no longer felt the breeze's accompanied chill. She bitterly wandered through Kyoto, watching as the living passed her by. Without even realizing where she had been going Raine found herself a mere block away from her and Hachirou's apartment. Riddled with sadness and the desire to see him she bounded down the street as fast as she could, discovering as she went she was also capable of flight. Just outside her building she touched down in the tenant's courtyard. Lowering her mighty head she peered inside what was once her living room window. Inside she found Hachirou sleeping on their sofa. He looked awful; he was still in his blood soaked clothes, his hair all mussed and he must have been so exhausted that he hadn't even removed his jacket or taken off his shoes. "Poor Roo" she thought, but was interrupted as the sound of the phone ringing shot through her newly heightened senses. After a minute Hachirou stirred and he reached out in search of the phone on the couch's side table. "Hello?" He spoke softly, his voice dripping with exhaustion. "Sure thing, I'll be right there!" His voice had taken a more frantic tone as he quickly hung up the phone and made his way to the door. "I wonder where he's going?" Raine watched as he hopped into his car and sped off down the street and took off after him. She flew overhead making sure to stay very close, that was until Hachirou pulled into the Kyoto Prefectural Medical University Hospital's parking garage. "Damnit!" she thought, but soon remembered her new abilities. Using her keen sense of smell and sight she was able to locate Hachirou as he exited the garage and walked into the Hospital’s main entrance. Wedging her head under the entrance’s awning she was just able to make out the room number the receptionist had told him. "Ok 3rd floor, west side, room number 347." She made her way to the west wing and counted the windows until she reached the 47th room. Hachirou was already seated on the bedside so Raine new she had found the correct room. As she moved her head around to try to get a better look she caught a glimpse of whom it was laying in the bed. "Sayuri!" Raine couldn't tell what was going on as no one in the room was speaking, let alone moving. Just then a doctor entered and Raine made out the words 'intensive care 347' on the door. "Oh god no!" she nearly screamed, letting out a roar as a tear rolled down her mask.

Raine's worst fear was confirmed as she saw Sayuri's spiritual form, her soul, materialize by the side of the hospital bed. Just as she had done Sayuri looked about in confusion and eventually broke down crying. Raine lowered her head in mourning only to find Hachirou had opened the room's window for some fresh air and was openly weeping. Taking this opportunity Raine called out "Sayuri! Sayuri can you hear me? It's me, Raine Eve!" Her fellow soul looked around in confusion but returned her call. "Raine! Raine where are you?" Sayuri made her way to the window unsure of what she'd find. "It’s me Sai, don't be frightened... it's my new form I guess. Sayuri stared in disbelief. "Raine, you're... you're..." Raine nodded. "I know Sai." Trusting in her friend Sayuri reached out and touched Raine's rostrum. Raine brought up a claw and motioned for Sai to climb on, which she soon did. As Raine moved her claw away it appeared Sai was being pulled back by some unknown force, finally a chain attached to her chest became apparent. "What is this?" Sayuri pulled at her newfound chain, but to no avail, she was tethered to her body and unable to roam freely as Raine's soul did. "Why is it you can not leave your body?" Raine asked, knowing Sai wouldn't have the answer. "I'm not sure, but something tells me I must remain here. You should go on without me." Sayuri climbed back in through the window and moved to lay with her lifeless corpse. "Perhaps you should follow Hachirou and leave me to..." Before Sayuri could finish her sentence her soul had fluctuated and vanished. Raine blinked in disbelief, and just like that she was alone once again.

Gloomily Raine had decided to heed Sayuri's advice and she headed back to Hachirou's apartment, waiting for his return. It wasn't long before she saw that all too familiar sedan pull into its' usual spot. After getting out of his car Hachirou slowly made his way up the walkway and climbed the stairs. Then unexpectedly he took a seat on the top step, looking dreamily up into the sky. Raine curled up in the front of the building, resting her head inches away from the man she had loved. A few minutes passed before Mr. Minamoto, their next-door neighbor, came strolling down the sidewalk and paused. "Good evening Hachirou. How are you holding up?" Hachirou sighed. "I've been better Daichi, but I'm hanging in there." Mr. Minamoto frowned and scratched his chin. "Sorry to hear that. I know it was hard to lose Raine, but how're the other two doing?" Hachirou’s eyes became misty, threatening to tear up. "Sachiel took his own life an hour or so after the incident and I just returned from the hospital... Sayuri didn't make it." Raine's head snapped up at the mention of Sachiel's name and subconsciously she let out a snarl, not even intentionally baring her teeth. "So he couldn't cope with what he had done so he threw his life away rather than trying to right his wrongs... typical." Raine thought to herself. There was quite a period of tense silence before Mr. Minamoto started to unlock his front door. "I don’t really know what to say aside from I'm sorry and that my heart is filled with a great sadness at your loss." Hachirou feigned a smile. "It's alright, but thank you for your kind words." Mr. Minamoto nodded solemnly and disappeared into his home leaving Hachirou to finally release his tears. "Oh Roo." Raine cooed, wrapping her tail about her love. Just then a large crash was heard half way across the city. Raine quickly got to here feet and stood, alert and ready. "What in the world?" She looked to Hachirou who never even flinched. "This must be something only spirits can sense, maybe if I head towards the noise I can find others like me." Without a second thought Raine was off in search of something, anything that would explain who and what she was...

Once in the center of Kyoto Raine could make out two very large creatures. One was bear like, a large bodied biped with claws and teeth. The other reminded her of a large cat. It was stalking around the bear-like creature on all fours with a tail of some sort swishing angrily back and forth as it used its own claws to viciously swipe at its opponent. Upon closer inspection it was revealed that these beings also wore masks of bone and were completely invisible to living beings. Raine watched on in horror as the "cat" savagely attacked the "bear", biting and slashing at its abdomen. In the end it even used some sort of energy beam blast to finish it off... The bear fell face first down to the ground and the cat seized the opportunity to pounce upon it and began feasting on it. With its soul devoured the bear's remains seemed to dissolve and disappear into the night air. Raine cringed and was about to head back to Hachirou's when the cat caught wind of her scent. Without a moment’s hesitation it came bounding towards Raine at full speed. "Your soul's mine!" It yowled. Raine shot into the air and managed to evade the beast's first onslaught. "Leave me be you wretched beast! I have no quarrel with you!" She roared as her attacker nearly managed to grab and pull her down by her tail. "Quarrel or not I'm still not full! I hunger for souls!" Raine managed to free herself from its grasp and swatted at the cat, catching it with a crisp snap of her whip like tail. Crashing back down to the ground the cat hissed and with a snarl it unleashed a beam of concentrated energy headed straight for her. Not used to maneuvering her new body she wasn't able to fully avoid the blow. Even just grazing it, the energy seared a good portion of her back, leaving it to bubble and burn. With an agonizing roar she felt herself falling to the ground, unable to concentrate on anything else. The cat chuckled contently as it watched its prey come crashing down in a heap. It sauntered up beside Raine and placed a clawed foot upon her aching back, bearing all of its weight upon her. She writhed in pain as she struggled to free herself, but the cat was too strong. As her predator was about to lay down a series of serious gashes Raine's instincts kicked in... She craned her neck in the direction of her assailant and roared, sending her own beam of condensed energy colliding with the cat's side, knocking it off of her. Free, Raine took to the sky and waited, watching for any sign of life from her enemy.

From beneath the rubble Raine could see the cat stirring. As it got to its feet it glared up at her, its hackles raised. It pushed off of its hind legs, sending it straight for her as it screamed, "I’m so sick of you, just get out of my face!" Raine's body went numb momentarily as those words rang in her ears. She had heard something very similar to those words prior to her death. She flashed back to the moment before Sachiel plunged his knife into her chest. "You see! You're always making me look like the bad guy! I'm so sick of you, just get out of all our lives!" Time seemed to stop as Raine remembered what Hachirou had said. "Sachiel took his own life an hour or so after the incident..." She took a good look at her assailant as anger welled up inside of her. "That's enough Sachiel!" As if stunned the cat recoiled, flinching as if it were drawing back with fear or in pain. "What, who are you? How is it you know my name?" Raine could hardly believe it, the man who had taken her life in the human world was also the beast trying to take her soul in the after-life. Enraged beyond all else she let out a blood-curdling roar, and then spoke, her words dripping with malice. "Sachiel... you took away not only my chance at happiness, but my life as well." He looked up at Raine who was now enveloped in some strange aura and backed away. "Raine" he whimpered. "I want you to look me in the eyes as I return the favor." Energy began to collect in and around Raine's mouth as the aura flared. "Let me remind you how dying felt!" At that instant she released the tremendous blast and watched as it nearly destroyed the man who had destroyed her life. She could feel her lips curling upward in a toothy grin as her fangs shown through. Sachiel struggled to get to his feet but he was in no shape to move, Raine had nearly blown him in half with her blast threatening to breakthrough his back and go all the way through his body. As the strange aura receded Raine flew down and landed right beside her victim, her right claw grasping and pressing dangerously down onto his throat. "There is no escape Sach. You're in the same defenseless state I was in when you ruined my life..." Sachiel writhed beneath her, begging for his soul. "It’s not good enough Sach. Now how did the saying go again? Ah yes, I remember." Sachiel's eyes grew wide. "I'm so sick of you, just get out of my afterlife." And without a second's hesitation Raine savagely bit down and ripped off Sachiel's mask, letting the boney bits and shards drop from her mouth and join the rubble as she ground her razor-sharp teeth together. Satisfied with his death Raine then moved on to her main course and devoured Sachiel’s wretched soul as the sky opened up and a massive downpour began.

Raine had headed back to Hachirou's for a while before deciding where to go next. She watched over him as he slept until the late twilight hours of the night. She knew she couldn't stay in the front yard forever. Raine gave one last loving glance through the window and whispered. "I will always be watching over you... even if you cannot see me there. I told you I would love you always, and forever." She gave a halfhearted smile. "This must be forever." Having come to terms with her new existence and the necessary requirements it brought Raine felt she was ready to face the rest of whatever afterlife she was presented with. There was no longer a reason to question when or why anymore; she accepted that it was just meant to be. Full for the time being Raine took off into the night sky and entered a dark portal just above the skyline.
Raine Eve
Raine Eve

Female
Reiatsu :

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Eve Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Quite the interesting subject. Having gathered all the information on her past it is now time for her current stats. From my observations so far...

With long black and teal hair pulled loosely back into a pony tail and beautiful beyond compare, she is subject 737 more commonly referred to as Raine Eve... 737 is somewhat muscular though slender in silhouette, and stands about 5 1/2 feet tall. She has pale alabaster skin accentuated by her dark hair and piercing cyan eyes. As an Arrancar the remaining portion of her mask is the top crown piece connecting to her thin ear spines, with all of her auditory scales still intact. As well as permanent turquoise tribal designs around her eyes. Unfortunately I have yet to see her in greater detail... I will report once I have located her hollow hole and seen her true form.

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup RainevBG

As for her beginnings as a hollow... In my many travels I had often seen her hollow form wandering aimlessly through Hueco Mundo... she was a beautiful 50-foot long oriental dragon. Her body mainly black in color with a few scattered red tribal streaks and random teal patches of scales and fur. Her mask concealed her entire draconic face and was much softer in appearance than the rest of her body. Its most distinguishing features were the ear spines that came up from the sides and branched out into several auditory scales and the turquoise tribal designs around the eyes; both of which remained after she tore off her mask.

Sacred Shrine of The Black Amethyst Buttercup HollowDargon

Only on one occasion did I see her in combat. As fate would have it she was taking on one of my Espada. It was breathtaking. It was no wonder the Soul Society had filed her under a top priority for caution when seen, even going so far as considering her as Scieryuu himself, God of the Eastern Wind. She fought valiantly with my pawn, even with their level difference her power overwhelmed him... Such ferocious attacks, yet nimble and graceful. Her style nothing short of poetic violence. I knew at that moment I must tame her. Which is where we are now...
Raine Eve
Raine Eve

Female
Reiatsu :

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Eve Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:34 pm

I am pleased to report that today 737 has finally placed her trust in me. Having just met recently her reluctance was understandable. Now that she will be living with me in my quarters it should be relatively easy to observe her closely and gather as much data as possible. She still seems distant and yet, willing enough to follow me... I still have yet to find out why she has come to the world of the Shinigami. But all questions will be answered in time. For now I will remain content in the fact that I have found my next prodigal subject... with 737 I plan to accomplish great feats. Blending the two worlds of Arrancar and Shinigami, warping the very balance our world is based on. She, shall be my crowning achievement.
Raine Eve
Raine Eve

Female
Reiatsu :

Back to top Go down

Post by Raine Eve Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 pm

It has been a month since 737 has entered into my care and it seems I'm finally able to shed some light on why it is she sought me out in the first place . . .

- - -

Raine heard the sound of the sliding door shut as she finished laying out the night's dinner on the table. "Welcome home Sosuke-sama. You're just in time for supper." Aizen's lips curled into a kind smile as he removed his sandals at the door and headed for the dining room. "Ah, smells delicious Raine-chan. So what will we be having this evening?" He asked as he took his usual seat at the head of the table. Raine uncovered the dishes to reveal the small feast she had prepared. "Well I can see someone was quite busy while I was away, but why such grand dishes?" Raine sat down at her seat opposite Aizen and forced a weary smile. "It will sound silly master Aizen..." Aizen furrows his brows as he looks at each individual dish. He thinks to himself "Hmm grilled tsukiyaki steak, special soba noodles, and are those ohagi and dango?" Just then it dawned on him. "So it seems we're celebrating Tsukimi tonight. Is it already time for the Moon Viewing festival in the living world? But then again... how would you have known?" Raine nodded sheepishly as she poured 2 cups of sake. "Often when you are away Aizen I find myself lonely and sneak away, sometimes to visit the living realm. It holds so many memories... though I hardly venture there anymore. I only went this evening to watch the festival." He nodded. "I see." Slowly he rises from his seat and grabs a plate of the Tsukimi dango and heads to sit on the back porch. "Does my meal displease you?" Raine asked, confused. Aizen looked back wearing his trademark smile. "Not at all Raine-chan, but correct me if I'm wrong, I thought all dumplings were to be eaten under the moon's glow during Tsukimi." With that he patted the seat next to him on the porch. Raine smiled genuinely as she nodded and obliged. "I believe that is the custom yes." Aizen took a bite of the ceremonial dango. "You never cease to maze me Raine-chan. These are superb dumplings..." He ate another before pausing to look up at the moon. "So why is it that you have stopped frequenting the living world?" Raine's head lowered slightly. "I just have no real reason to return anymore..."

Aizen quirked an eyebrow as he took a sip of his sake. "And what was it that bound you there prior to now?" Slowly Raine collected her thoughts and sighed. "It was that man..." Aizen placed his sake cup on the floor and leaned back, admiring the moon, but not missing a beat. "I take it you are referring to Hachirou?" She gives a solemn nod. "Then why is it your trips have become less frequent?" A tear ran down her now sallow cheek. "He... he passed a way a few months ago..." Aizen turned his head in attempts to read Raine's emotions better, but he was met with an apathetic stare. "If I may be so forward, what happened Raine?" She cast her gaze further down, her body following as her hair cascaded melancholily around her face. "Even after my death Hachirou remained faithful to me. He never took another lover... and he visited my grave every night at twilight. But as I made sure to watch over him I began to notice he was never happy. He graduated Scieryu University and took a job as an art teacher in Seoul, but it seemed no matter what he did everything remained the same... he would wake up, go to work, eat dinner alone watching television and go to bed. Though he remained in the realm of the living there was no life left in him." Aizen nodded as Raine paused to look up at the sky. "Finally the ever dwindling spark of his life was finally snuffed out. One night he was found at my gravesite with an empty handle of hard liquor and a hypodermic needle... he had slowly resorted back to his sordid lifestyle of drug abuse and addiction. I watched as his life disintegrated until one night he was involved in a fatal car accident." In the moon's glow he could see streams of seemingly liquid silver trickling down her cheeks. "It's not uncommon that the death of someone so close to you could ultimately change your life forever. I've seen it happen in many cases throughout my life as a Shinigami. Lovers lost usually led to shorter expectancies for the remaining partner." Raine sniffled slightly. Just then Aizen grasped her chin in his hand and raised her gaze to meet his. "You should feel lucky though. Anyone who would crumble at the loss of their love is the purest and greatest lover of all." Raine wiped her eyes with her kimono sleeves. "I suppose you're right. Thank you Master Aizen."

Aizen removed his glasses and ran his left hand through his hair. "But the question remains... when I discovered you, why were you here?" Raine grew quiet again, her glance once more returning to the ground. Suddenly she felt the reassuring hand of her master upon her back and she spoke, speaking softly at first. "It all goes back to the beginning really. All those years ago... after dying in the arms of my love I thought I myslef would never again be happy. My soul was stricken with grief as despair began to eat away at me, and I was born into this new world as a hollow. As time passed and I grew stronger my humanity slowly returned to me and I remembered my life as a human... I remembered him... Soon I found myself heading only to the world of the living to watch Hachirou as he aged alone, without me. Until that day I came to find he had been in that car accident, and it was not too long before I was able to see his soul. I was overjoyed! We could be reunited once more! But as I watched I remembered my hideous body..." An angry tear ran down her cheek as she traced the outline of the Arrancar marking under her left eye. Aizen remained silent as Raine continued on with her emotional rant. "I was a monster, how could I expect him to recognize me as some freakish dragon who devoured souls... so that day I tore off my mask, vowing to reclaim my humanity as best I could. By the time I had attained my new form I was too late, a Shinigami had already arrived to guide him. Only he did not wish to pass on into the afterlife, he willingly chose to join the ranks of the Soul Society... to hunt hollows... to hunt me. But that didn't stop me, I chose to follow him on his journey to becoming a Shinigami. I watched silently in the shadows as he worked hard and slowly soared through the ranks. Then one day I decided I would somehow manage to find a way to fight along side him..." She allowed her kimono to slip down around her chest as she thoughtfully rubbed the site of her hollow hole. "And that is when you found me Master." He adjusted his seat a bit, shifting his weight from one seat bone to the other. "So it was out of love that you wished to risk your life everyday, just to continue to watch him grow?" She sighed softly. "Well you see Sosuke-sama I knew it would be dangerous... but I had heard rumors of a man within the Soul Society capable of a process called Shinigamification... ever since I made my way into the inner sanctums of the society I have been desperately trying to find him. Though I am about ready to give up hope."

Aizen smirked. "I wish I had known that in the first place..." Raine looked up in a surprised, yet intrigued manner. "And to think you had found me all along. Raine, I am the man you seek." In utter disbelief she nearly began to cry again. "Are you saying you are the one who I've been searching for? And more importantly, that you can perform this rumored Shinigamification?" He took a moment to push up his glasses with his middle finger, allowing the moonlight to glint off of the lenses in an almost menacing fashion. "I am indeed agreeing to both. But before we delve any deeper I need an agreement from you..." Raine nodded enthusiastically, still caught up in her emotions."Good, then here it is. Before I can can take you on as a candidate for the Shinigamification process you must promise me 3 things. 1. That you will answer to me and only me. 2. That you shall train each and everyday day under my instruction even before you are deemed a candidate for Shinigamification. And 3... Any and everything that goes on here stayes exclusively between us. Not a SINGLE soul other than ourselves is to know about who/what you are. Do you understand?" Raine nodded. "Hai, Sosuke-sama." She promptly bowed her head. "Then we begin tomorrow..."

- - -

And that was how she became my beautiful abomination... The Arrancar who desired nothing else but to become one who destroys her own kind. And all for the sake of the one she loved.
Raine Eve
Raine Eve

Female
Reiatsu :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down